Dive New Zealand's world famous Poor Knight Island’s and Bay of Islands. Being one of Jacques Cousteau’s Top 10 dive sites in the world, it will exceed all your diving expectations with sheer walls, caves and archways, schools of fish and nudibranchs. This trip has been put together with a combination of shore based and Liveaboard diving with up to 15 boat dives.
We will be diving with the team from Northland Dive where we will be based, visiting sites like the Canterbury wreck and the awesome reefs of the Bay of Islands. We then board the Sun Spy and complete a 3 day liveaboard around the Poor Knight Islands.
Trip Cost - $1695 + Travel
A non-refundable deposit of $500 will secure your spot.
- 3 Nights dorm accommodation at Northland Lodge with dinner, breakfast, and lunch included.
- 2 days shore based diving which includes the Canterbury Wreck, and local reefs
- 3 days and 2 nights on board the Sun Spy, including all meals while on board.
- All diving - you bring your own gear - Hire gear available from Dive HQ
- All air fills
- Travel - meet us in Northland or join us on a road trip with dives in Taupo & Goat Island
- Enriched air fills are available on request
- Sunday 4th September - Meet at Northland Dive Lodge ~8:30pm
- Monday 5th September - Breakfast, Dive, Lunch, Dive, Dinner (2 Local Dives)
- Tuesday 6th - Thursday 8th September - Board Sun Spy followed by an 80 min boat ride to the Poor Knight’s. Up to 11 dives including night dives over 3 days. Overnighting at the Poor Knight Island’s
- Friday 9th September - Breakfast, Dive, Lunch, Dive, Dinner (2 Local Dives)
Liveaboard only option:
Join us for the 3 day Liveaboard trip - $995
What to Bring:
- Certification Card or Logbook
- Sleeping Bag only if you are sleeping in the Bunk Room.
- Towels x 2
- Provisions-Snacks & post dive drinks
- Sun Hat for the summer and Warm hat for the Winter
- Clothing pegs (for hanging stuff up on the boat like towels and togs)
- Wind Proof Jacket
- Own Dive Gear excluding tanks and weights.
Northland Dive Lodge - The dive package includes bunk room accommodation with bottom sheet and pillows included (Bring your own sleeping bag only if you are sleeping in the Bunk Room)
Upgrades available: Super King x 3 Rooms available - $70.00 per night upgrade (Full bedding provided) Can also be split into a twin share for the same upgrade price
Spy Sun (Liveaboard) - On board Sun Spy there are limited separate cabins and sleeping arrangements are mixed and in close quarters- ear plugs are supplied. All bedding and meals are provided onboard Sun Spy.
- Breakfast :Cereal, fruit, toast
- Lunch: Sandwiches with your choice of filling and chips.
- Dinner: Home cooked meals such as Roasts, Steak, Spag-Bol, Fish, Chicken with seasonal vegetables and salads.
(Please let us know in advance if you have any specific dietary requirements.)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your spot