You can't beat Wellington on a good day - Ka paki ana, kaore he painga!
With our rugged coastline and protected harbours we can go diving most weeks and there is plenty of variety to keep us interested. We have the Taputeranga Marine Reserve along the south coast and wrecks scattered everywhere. You can go hunting for Kai or take your camera instead. The dive sites are so close that we can take advantage of some great weather or head home early if conditions are not so appealing.
With our notorious weather we never quite know where we will be diving so please call the shop to see where we are headed and get directions if needed.
Trip Cost - $0 + Gear Hire
- Dive briefings and assistance from our Dive Leader (Divemaster or Instructor)
- 1 - 2 shore dives with other club divers
- All safety equipment and spare gear is available on site
- Guided dives and instruction available on request
- Gear hire available at club rates
- Meet - at the shop at 9am or at the beach at 9:45am
- Set Up - assemble and check equipment
- Dive Briefing - learn about the site, it's hazards and find a buddy
- Dive 1 - Go diving, ~10:30am
- Surface Interval - debrief, fill out dive profile and change over tanks
- Dive 2 - Head back out with your buddy ~12:30pm
What to Bring:
- Certification Card or Logbook and club diver form (new divers)
- Lunch - water available & hot drinks in winter
- Sun Hat for the summer and Warm hat for the Winter or both for Wellington!
- Wind Proof Jacket
- Own Dive Gear
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your spot